June 06, 2011

Facebook Linoleum

First of all, thank you.  This blog was only set up seventeen days ago at the time of writing, and has fifty "followers" in Google-world, and over four thousand page hits.  Now, I don't know if that's a lot, but it sounds like it to me so thanks for inflating my already unmanageable ego.  A special thank you to all the more established blog-folk who have linked, re-posted or quoted somehow from this page - a lot of this traffic is down to you.  And thanks even more to those who were sent here against their will and decided to stay anyway!

In the next step towards world domination, there is now a Facebook page.  It has no new content.  Because nobody "likes" The Linoleum Surfer and therefore nobody deserves it.  When you do, I promise that the Facebook page will get its own, shorter comments now and then.  A bit like Twitter.  Except that I find Twitter somewhat stupid.  I don't know why, it's just the way my mind works.  So go on, hit that "like" button over to the right.  And the "follow" button if you haven't already.  Oh, and pass it on to your friends - pretty please?

Thanks for coming, commenting, following, sharing and liking. You move me.  I might even get on with writing something...


TLS

13 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm always the first one who likes! ;) Good luck, TLS

The Linoleum Surfer said...

You are the one who suggested this blog in the first place. You are "Um Linoleum". Thank you. :)

Mimi said...

It's my pleasure to be 'Um Linoleum'! ;p Take care!

Omani Jewel said...

to the Creater and its mommy :-), sorry couldnt help myself.... :-) anyway to LS, i like the blog its fresh and interesting.... do continue writing.....

Susan said...

LIKE!

The Linoleum Surfer said...

Thank you, thank you!

Kitten said...

Followed :)

The Linoleum Surfer said...

Thanks Kitten!

MaRia said...

ouch on "twitter is stupid" comment.
that hurts :p
well I just "liked" your page, hope you keep on writing interesting topics as the previous posts!
so what's next on your plan for world domination? *eating popcorn*

shanaz@RS said...

There is something mildly 'stupid' about twitter, but I congratulate you for creating a fan page on FB! Can't wait to read more from you :) Yay.

The Linoleum Surfer said...

twitter.com/dorisbathroom

14:02 "I'm going to the bathroom"

14:03 "Almost there"

14:05 "LOL! Almost for the door!"

14:06 "Sitting down.."

Etc etc....

I just think you've got something to say or you haven't. At least with Facebook you can mix it up a bit. :)

(And thanks!)

MaRia said...

well to me twitter is a totally different platform, I can't compare it to facebook coz it's not the same.
it's way simpler than facebook's algorithms and technicality behind the scene.
and trust me FB has it's shares of stupid stuff as well as every other online social medium :)

anywayz I'm still a fan :p

Shahirah Elaiza said...

Salaam, thanks for your thoughtful message. Truth be told I think a blog like yours was missing in the blogosphere - so a7lan wa sa7lan!

Hmmm I agree, Twitter is silly. I think it perpetuates a culture of self-obsession and people-obsession. Not healthy. But I think I may hold an unpopular opinion.

Anyway, keep up the good work and stay true to yourself! (It's easy to become a sell-out in the blogosphere these days)